Pages

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Meltdown



Monday 22nd May 2017

Be glad when the election has been and gone. Losing precious time getting caught up in online speculation. I like to leave the desktop computer off after Monday prep, so it should be less of a distraction for the main part of the week. I have my sessions pretty much planned except Wednesday afternoon. Still got time tomorrow. Going to rehearse my gig tomorrow as well. Good to see PM started to crack under pressure. I've not been over the doorstep. Saw a nice Brian May promo vid for new Queen 3D photobook. Looking forward to Queen and Adam Lambert gig in December. 10.40 pm.


Tuesday 23rd May 2017

Feeling somewhat stunned by what happened in Manchester last night. Blurred vision this afternoon mid workshop whilst at the computer. Had to knock off for two hours but still managed to do my evening class. Session went well. I didn’t write anything new. Just kept people on track for two hours. Nice evening. Slow walk back to bus stop. Head starting to split again. Mercifully no vomit. Still up at eleven when I should be back in bed. Hope I can get tomorrow afternoon’s session together. Gonna take next week off. Really want this one over and done with. 10.56 pm.


Wednesday 24th May 2017

Awake at half four. Hard to get back to sleep. Up by six. Watched the news for a while. Well done to Tony Walsh for a poem that captured the spirit of Manchester. Had trouble the last couple of days with migraine and insomnia. Not getting enough fluids. Enjoying workshops but ready for a week off. Will do my bank transactions after Colour your Life tomorrow, then read at Mostly Spoken. Then I’m out of action for a week till Poetry Jam. Be good to chill out and just do copy-ups of my 2017 stuff. Changed my gig set as this week is grim enough as it is. Hopefully I can pull some funny stuff out the bag. Good to spend time with Jenni this evening and talk over events. Walked home from Consett. OK. 11.16 pm.


Thursday 25th May 2017

Slept a bit better last night. Enjoyable session for Colour your Life with good group in Witton Gilbert. Weather is starting to piss me off already. One blistering day and I’m wrecked. Melting in the heat on the bus back to Moorside. Got my set sorted again for tonight. Hung around Consett for a while. Mostly Spoken gig was good. Enjoyed sets by Oonah Joslin, Cath Campbell, Ken Brady, Jenni, Steve Palace and James Oates. A few of us sat around outside the Cumberland afterwards. Going to get some chips on the way back to Jen’s. 10.20 pm.


Friday 26th May 2017

Still not loving the fucking weather. Sticky, stinking, tired. Went to Gateshead Library. Good chat with Mark Speeding. Listened to Motorhead and The Who whilst copying up workshop writings. Bought a load of flavoured water afterwards. Had to lie down for a while. Jenni made a nice spinach pasta with onion rings and tomatoes. She isn’t loving the weather either. Caught the news and Jeremy Corbyn getting grilled from Andrew Neil. More people switching to Labour? We’ll see in a fortnight. Enjoyed Jimmy McGovern’s The Street tonight. Big lazy day tomorrow, I reckon. 11.02 pm.


Saturday 27th May 2017

Up early. Did my pages and read some politics online. Checked out texts I’ve been storing up in a notebook for future use. Me and Jenni had a look out to Gateshead for food supplies. Watched a few episodes of New Tricks and tried not to get pissed off with the big heat. Read The Bedsharers by Kathleen Kenny as well. 
10.08 pm.


Sunday 28th May 2017

Good to see Ettrick Scott talking at Sunday Assembly. And Mark Smith. Me and Jenni went to Tesco for yet more supplies then home for a few hours before heading off to Ben and Sky’s for an evening meal with Jeff and Lynda Price. Lovely chicken dinner and key lime pie dessert. Enjoyed listening to conversations, though never much to say for myself at social events. Enjoyed listening to The Beatles, The Velvet Underground, The Pretenders and John Lennon. Lots of laughs with Jenni Pascoe on the way back. 12.17 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment